Monday, September 25, 2006

Reality Check

I sometimes have these moments where I convince myself that I can sing. These moments normally occur in my car when the volume is cranked and mostly drowning out my voice. This happened today and as a test, I turned the volume down and sang some more only to be convinced once again that I am in fact, a terrible singer. Damn you genetics. Where were you on this one?!

**************************

Today I finally got a new driver's license picture. The first one since my original, day-I-turned-16, deer-in-the-headlights shot back in 2000. According to a coworker, I "look like a baby" in that photo. Strangely though, I've never had any trouble with it at the bar. Nor have the two 18 year olds I gave my old licenses to as far as I know ;) Two - three weeks till I see what will be the next photo to last the next 6 years.

***************************

So homecoming came and went in a blur of drunken partying. I have patchy memories of the whole day. I guess that's what happens when you attend breakfast keggers and start your day off with a large Tim Horton's coffee that's heavy on the Baileys, low on the coffee. Great day though. I saw pretty much every single person I've ever met in university, saw a football game (by saw, I mean drank in the beer tents), and got drunk three seperate times in one day. Highlights include a beer-filled water gun, Graham and I unofficially winning "The drunkest couple" award, Patillo nipping at Cathy's breakfast sausage on a fork and countless games of flip cup. I was having a hard time adjusting to this new life as a non-student. I was feeling old and sad. But with weekends like this, it seems like being an alumni isn't so bad afterall ;)

No comments: