Friday, October 30, 2009

Boo!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Halloween. I plan my costume months in advance and put a lot of effort into it.

This year is no exception. I am going to be Prom Queen 1983 in honour of the year of my birth. I have a selection of dresses perfect for a Halloween that happens to fall on a Saturday so that I can wear something different both Friday AND Saturday night. There could even be a mid-evening costume change incorporated.

I've said that I love Halloween more than Christmas. And that's not just something I say for dramatic emphasis. I think its actually a true statement. Halloween is just about fun. Pure, silly fun. There's no pressure or obligation to please family or to find perfect gifts. No baking involved; just grab a bag of candy. If you're resourceful (or happen to own a garbage bag full of vintage dresses like me!), you don't have to spend much money. Yes, it is the most wonderful time of the year, isn't it?

Okay, I realize I'm in the minority here and I basically use Halloween as an excuse to wear all my random dress up clothes without being mocked mercilessly in public. However, you have to admit, it is a pretty amusing night!

And with that, I leave you with this Halloween video. Anyone else remember singing this in French class in elementary school?? Tina?? :)



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I vaguely remember that song?? Haha , it's kind of creepy!