Monday, October 26, 2009

I love Pat Benatar


I realize that nothing about that title makes me cool. I don't care. I love every song she's ever recorded. She's a wicked awesome 80s rocker chick and listening to her music makes me happy. I sing along and I feel good.

I've been in a bad mood lately. Work feels stressful. I got a nasty letter from the Property Manager due to a situation I don't think I can talk my way out of. I've learned that someone has pretty much the same Halloween costume planned as I do, and I've been a mean jerk to my very nice boyfriend and that makes me feel awful.

Anyways, I determined a remedy to get out of this funk. I put on my 80s party dress. (It's part of my Halloween costume, so I'm not really THAT much of an 80s obsessed freak). Cranked my friend Pat, and rocked out to the sweet sounds of All Fired Up (An overlooked classic in my opinion), Invincible, Love is a Battlefield and Hit Me With your Best Shot... and I feel better.

Nina Blackwood, my favourite Sirius Satellite radio host from 80's on 8, once said that the reason the 80s was such a happy decade was because the music was all about rockin' out, partying, having a fun and loving each other. Listen to the 80s and you'll never be sad. None of this ridiculous death metal or emo crap. Simple, awesome rock n' roll.

No comments: