Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's so hot I have a cold

Does that make any sense? I was quite convinced yesterday that my allergy-like symptoms were the fault of an overused air conditioning system at work and the super contrast between the sauna-like outdoors and the sweater-worthy temperatures in the office. But no, it's just as I feared: I have a cold.

Its been months since I've had so much as a sniffle and now, days before a long anticipated trip to Miami, I have that annoying runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, muscle aching common cold.

But I won't let it get me down. I'll will it out of my body with a good attitude and only kind, healthy activities. I'll eat apples and get lots of sleep. I'll drink water not coffee and read a book instead of going to the bar.

Ugh. Colds. There's always a glimmer of hope though because if you can't beat 'em, drug 'em :)

2 comments:

April said...

Stupid colds. My last one landed so unconveniently during exams and I was dying while studying for one of my hardest exams. Just when you think things are good, the world strikes you down with a cold. Just a reminder that we have no control over our lives. Bah

MM said...

As a footnote to this post, I'm still sick and contemplating going to a walk in clinic. I think i have a sinus infection... I'm going to buy some new drugs tonight and if this thing isn't gone by Thursday, I'm going to seek some medical attention!