Friday, August 11, 2006

On the anniversary of the Green Day concert...

Tomorrow marks the one-year anniversary of the Green Day concert that April and Tina and I went to last year. I loved that concert. Definitley the highlight of last summer. But what is more noteworthy about tomorrow is that it is the day that my dear friend April gets married! MARRIED!! I joked at the concert that Green Day was their one-year pre-anniversary to which Jake curtly informed me was not a "real thing." Nevertheless, tomorrow is the big day and I can hardly beleive it. This is a big day for me too. My first friend to get married and my first time as a bridesmaid. I actually feel a little nervous about it.

I have this stupid cold still and I'm worried i'll cough through their ceremony. I'm worried i'll be sniffing and sneezing while they're trying to say their vows and everyone will remember me as that girl that ruined the serenity of the nuptials. I'm worried I won't feel well enough to enjoy myself and that the drugs i'm taking to mask the pain of this wretched sinus cold will make me loopy and dilirious.

I'm worried about my speech. I'm worried its too sappy and too short and that it doesn't do justice to how awesome April and Jake are.

I'm worried about the bruises and random cuts on my legs and if they'll show up in the wedding photos and I'll look like some moronic clutz or abused woman. I'm worried that my tan lines from too many days at the beach are going to look silly with my strapless dress.

I'm worried that I'll cry like an emotional basketcase at this wedding and make a big jerk of myself. I'm worried my gift isn't good enough.

If I'm this worried, I can hardly imagine how April must feel.

But I'll do the best I can despite my overall trivial concerns. I'm really looking forward to this wedding. It's been a big build up and I can't wait to see it all come together.

Congratulations April and Jake! "I always knew there was a hint of forever about you two!"

No comments: