Sunday, June 18, 2006

Grand Bender

Boats. Oh, how I love them. Especially 31 foot yachts in Grand Bend. It was a perfect weekend to spend in Grand Bend. Saturday was apparently the nicest day of the summer and I couldn't agree more. Waking up, eating a giant bowl of Cheerios and then proceeding to lay in the sun with a drink in my hand till mid-afternoon is better than anything I could ask for.

It was a perfect beach day for my first official swim in the lake. Despite the fact that I was expecting beyond freezing temperatures with possible ice chunks still adrift in the lake, it was actually quite pleasant. Sharing my one beach towel with Graham was not.

I ate a cheeseburger and fries. For some reason that seems all the more acceptable in a beach town like Grand Bend.

I'm unshowered and feeling the filth of two days sweat on my skin, but I feel gloriously relaxed.

Great weather, fabulous boat, good company... I couldn't be happier.

No comments: